Tuesday, November 06, 2007

One Gear, 100 Miles

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Well, we finally did it. 100 miles on a single speed bike. We did not have a lot of takers for this ride, but the ones that showed had a marvey time nonetheless. I've often wondered why anyone would want to ride a bike with just one gear, but now I'm enchanted and enlightened all at the same time. All in all, I think it makes you a better cyclist. Your cadence is slower, but much more deliberate and constant which I guess translates into a better application of power. Whatever it is, it sure is fun, and I look forward to my next hundy on my Single Speed. Perhaps a Double? Nah, at least not right now.

Stats:
101.03 miles
05 hours 57 minutes 47seconds
+3624 feet of climbing
16.9 mph average speed

No comments: